About Medical Malpractice
Medical malpractice is defined as a negligent act or omission by a healthcare professional in the course and scope of their practice that results in personal injury to a patient.
What we cover
In South Africa’s runaway healthcare litigation environment, Constantia offers an affordable professional indemnity solution to help keep our doctors in practice. Our medical malpractice insurance is designed to protect healthcare professionals against legal costs and claims for personal injury damages where they are accused of medical negligence. It can include the claimant’s costs and the medical practitioner’s defence costs which may arise out of an act, omission or alleged breach of professional duty during treatment of a patient.
What is different about our cover?
Our products provide cover for healthcare professionals across a wide variety of disciplines and also include a range of benefits:
- SA’s first homegrown occurrence-based cover protected by the country’s laws and regulations
- The first insurer to provide a choice of both occurrence-based and claims-made cover
- Active protection of doctors
- Quick, cost-effective and fair dispute resolution
- Medico-legal services
- Counselling by qualified experts is available
- Practice management support to assist in running a successful business