A resource centre for Constantia’s legal
and financial documents
Privacy Notice for Constantia Insurance Group
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We actively seek to protect the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information. During the course of our interactions, you share personal information with Constantia. This privacy notice may form part of your application process with Constantia or related third parties. “Constantia”
or “we” refer to one or more of the companies in the Constantia Insurance group. You can find details of these at this address: https://www.constantiagroup.co.za
This policy tells you what to expect when we collect and use your information. We may need to update it periodically, but we will inform you when we do. You should read this notice along with the terms and conditions that apply to the specific products and services you use.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect and process your personal and financial information – this includes your:
• Name, Surname and Title (so that we know who you are and how to address you)
• Identity or Passport number and Date of Birth (so that we can avoid duplications on our system)
• E-mail address and contact details (so that we can communicate with you)
• Physical and Postal Address (for CRS & FATCA purposes)
• Beneficiaries and/or your Dependents (if applicable)
• Banking Details (if applicable)
• Tax Information (locally and foreign in terms of FATCA and CRS)
WHY AND HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect your personal information to enable us to provide you with access to the products and services you have requested. The type of information we collect will depend on the purpose for which it is collected and used. Therefore, we either enter into an agreement with you or accept a mandate from you authorising us to provide these services to you and on your behalf.
We collect your personal information by:
• Processing your online application form
• Processing any subsequent instructions submitted to us
• Communicating with you on matters pertaining to your products
• Providing you with further information, which may include but not be limited to product statements (where applicable), annual tax certificates (where applicable), transaction confirmations etc.
We process your personal information when:
• It is in your legitimate interest to do so, or when you give us permission
• When you contact us by e-mail or telephone with a query, complaint or request, we collect the information included in your message. We use the information we collect to reply to, investigate and resolve your query, complaint or request.
online services. The type of information we collect includes the URL you came from, IP address, domain type, browser type, the country and telephone code where your device is located, the web pages viewed during your visit, the links on which you clicked, and any search terms you entered on our website (user information)
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We do not sell, rent or trade your personal information with anyone. We only use it for the purposes for which it was collected and agreed (appropriate in the normal course of business to provide the products and services you have requested).
We have to share it with our trusted service providers and third parties who are involved in the delivery of products or services, giving effect to the terms of our agreement. We have agreements in place with the recipients to ensure that they also comply with applicable privacy and confidentiality laws.
And lastly, we may disclose your personal information where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or other industry codes, or where we believe it is necessary for pursuing our legitimate interests or that of a third party to whom your personal information is supplied.
PERSONAL INFORMATION OF CHILDREN
We do not knowingly collect personal information of children without the consent of a parent or guardian. If you are younger than 18 years old, we will always ask for consent to process your personal information from your parent or guardian.
WE SEND YOUR INFORMATION TO OTHER COUNTRIES
Some of the service providers that we use are located in other countries, for example our cloud service provider’s second back-up storage services are located in Western Europe. If we send information to anyone who is located in a country that does not have the same level of protection of personal information as South Africa or the European Union, we require that they undertake to protect the personal information of our customers to the same level that we do.
WE DON’T KEEP YOUR INFORMATION FOR LONGER THAN WE NEED
We will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected or processed. The period for which we retain your personal information is influenced by:
• any compliance requirement in terms of legislation
• the retention of personal information for scientific, historical or statistical purposes
• for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claimsYou can request to have your information deleted. However, we may not be able to comply with your request if we are under a legal obligation to retain the information.
WE HAVE TAKEN REASONABLE STEPS TO MINIMISE THE IMPACT OF A BREACH
We have implemented reasonable security measures based on the sensitivity of the information we hold. These measures are in place to protect the information from being disclosed, from loss, misuse and unauthorised access, and from being altered or destroyed.
We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, but no system is perfect and we cannot guarantee that we will never experience a breach of any of our physical, technical or managerial safeguards. If something should happen, we have taken steps to minimise the threat to your privacy. We will let you know of any breaches which affect your personal information and inform you how you can help minimise the impact.
We take every reasonable step to protect your personal information, but we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us electronically and you do so at your own risk.
You have the right to be informed about the personal information we have, and what we do with it and to request a copy of the personal information which we have on record of you.
You have the right to:
• ask us what we know about you
• ask what information was sent to our suppliers, service providers or any other third party
• ask us to update, correct or delete any out-of-date or incorrect personal information we hold about you
• receive all of the information we have about you and to transfer it to another service provider
• unsubscribe from any direct marketing communications we may send you
• object to the processing of your personal information.
You can request access to the information we hold about you or correct your personal information
by contacting our Client Service team at the below email address.
If you have any questions or do not understand anything in this Policy, please send an email and we will respond to you as soon as possible.